El Pueyo de Jaca
This little historic village sits on the shore of Búbal reservoir where the Gállego and Caldarés rivers meet.
The parish church of St Miguel is of particular interest dating back to the 16thC and built over later in the 18thC. In incorporated the original building with its single nave and lateral chapels. The lintel leading into the sacristy dates back to 1580.
Special mention must be given to the Concellar bridge, built over the Caldarés river as part of the Royal Path, which dates back to 1550 although it was later rebuilt again.
Most popular excursions: Hoz de Jaca and the three paths to Panticosa.
Architecture Route: St Miguel's church, 16th C, Palacete de la Viñaza and Concellar Bridge.
Local Festivals: San José de Calasanz 27th August (goes on for 3-4 days)