Lanuza is situated in one of the most scenic places in the valley, at an altitude of 2,265 metres and on the shore of the lake which is also called Lanuza. Historically its houses were the centre of the judicial courts of Aragón, first noted in the XIII century it counted in 1488 with 20 houses.
The village had to be abandoned in the 70's to build the reservoir and has been renovated by the original owners as it was years ago.
El Salvador Church (XIX C), stone façades decorated with lintels, and archs, badges, windows...
Fountains and thwarts has also been recuperated.
LOCAL FESTIVALS AND SHOWS
In July this is the venue for the “Pirineos Sur” the International music and culture festival. Where a stage floats on the lake and the audience sits or dances in the amphitheatre under the stars and the silhouettes of the high peaks.
The local festival is for Santa Quiteria at the end of August.